Some drinks just taste better by a pool
Some drinks just taste better by a pool—here are two from our archives. And yes, we can vouch that they do, in fact, taste just a little bit better next to a pool … as well as in one. #SummerFridays
Passion fruit juice is the summer-y ingredient that made us want to take the Avenue poolside, which is where we also tried serving it over a healthy dose of crushed ice.
The Avenue Cocktail Ingredients:
- 1.5 oz. 1792 Bourbon
- ¾ oz. passion fruit juice
- ½ oz. grenadine
- 1 oz. apple brandy
The Avenue Cocktail Directions:
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake until cold.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
The Georgia Smash
A signature concoction by Jeffrey Morgenthaler, author of Drinking Distilled and co-author of The Bar Book: Elements of Cocktail Technique, the Georgia Smash has fruitier notes akin to that of something you’d fancy at a swim-up bar.
The Georgia Smash Cocktail Ingredients:
- 2 oz. 1792 Bourbon
- ¾ oz. lemon juice
- ½ oz. creme de peche
- ½ oz. orgeat
- 1 large sprig of mint
The Georgia Smash Cocktail Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake until cold.
- Fine-strain into a chilled glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with sprig of mint