One of the phenomenal mixologists whose work with 1792 Bourbon helped inspire this very site was Josh Suchan of Ice & Alchemy. Few combine delicious libations with the sophistication and flare Josh offers. Which is why we love working with him.
We challenged Josh to come up with an Ice & Alchemy summer drink suitable for sipping by the pool or topping off an evening enjoying the backyard breezes. In true Josh Suchan fashion, he over delivered with a simple, but mouth-watering Bourbon Summer Sour.
Stir up this lovely concoction for friends. Or even just for yourself. Cheers!
1792 Bourbon Summer Sour Ingredients
- ¾ oz 1:1 simple syrup (2 teaspoons if using store-bought syrup)
- 6-8 mint leaves
- Gently muddle the leaves with the simple syrup
- ¾ oz lemon juice
- 2 oz 1792 Small Batch Bourbon
- 4 dashes Peychaud’s bitters (optional)
1792 Bourbon Summer Sour Directions
Gently muddle the simple syrup and mint leaves. Add the lemon juice, 1792 Bourbon and crushed ice. Stir/swizzle to mix. Top with four dashes of Peychaud’s bitters and garnish with an orange wheel and mint bouquet.
- Feel free to infuse your syrup with a seasonal flavor (strawberries, peaches, etc) to add an extra dimension to the recipe. Simply add the ingredient to your sugar and liquid in a pot on the stove. Over low-medium heat, stir frequently. Once the sugar is fully dissolved and you’re happy with the flavor intensity, strain-out the solids and bottle up the flavored syrup.
- Fresh lemon juice is always best.
- If you don’t have Peychaud’s bitters, don’t worry! You can choose to omit the bitters or use any bitters that you have on-hand.