This sweet-and-stout combination is worthy of a triple crown winning name
A drink named after a horse that won twenty of the twenty one races in which he ran is surely a winner. That’s what we tell ourselves whenever we shake up a Man o’ War, anyway. Developed by Allen Katz, it’s got the grounded flavors of bourbon, the sweeter notes of vermouth, and a crisp citrus finish. Or as one guy put it, “It’s like an Arnold Palmer and a Mint Julep got together for a wild night out.”
Man o’ War Bourbon Cocktail Ingredients:
- 2 ounces 1792 Bourbon
- 1 ounce orange curaçao
- 1/2 ounce vermouth
- 1/2 ounces lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Lemon peel and cherry for garnish
Man o’ War Bourbon Cocktail Directions:
- Add 1792 Bourbon, vermouth, orange curaçao, and lemon juice into a shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel and cherry.
Editor’s Note: Cocktail photo by Nuff . on Unsplash