From the mind of a bourbon pro comes a drink fit for the season. Kevin Rutkowski, the brand ambassador for Wiseguy Lounge in Covington, Ky., believes in the sensory power of a good cocktail and his signature Winterfall does not disappoint. In his words: “Every sip should be a different experience from the last. Starting with a nice chilling cocktail to a warming boozy treat.”
- 1 ½ oz. 1792 Full Proof Bourbon
- ½ oz. full proof bourbon (to burn)
- ½ oz. Nocino Walnut Liqueur
- ½ oz. Chareau Aloe Vera Liqueur
- ½ oz. rich blackberry syrup
- 3 dashes Crude Sycophant Orange and Fig Bitters
- Orange-infused bourbon reduction syrup
- Dried roses for garnish
- Pour ½ oz. of 1792 Full Proof bourbon into a coup glass.
- Swirl the glass and light the bourbon on fire. Express an orange peel directly into the flame.
- Add all other ingredients into a mixing glass. Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Slowly pour the cocktail into the center of the coup, extinguishing the flame. Be sure to pour slowly so that the cold drink doesn’t break the hot glass. Using tweezers, place a dried rose into the center of the cocktail.